Tuesday, December 05, 2006

s|ice: Lesbbarc

The other night we hooked up with one of Naomi's old roommates and her husband at starbucks. I asked if they liked Scrabble and after an adamant yes from Rachel I went out to my car to retrieve the red box containing the wooden pieces of communication. As I slowly walked back into the coffee shop, being careful not to slip on the snowy parking lot frosted with ice, I remembered that Naomi has a english minor and worried about Rachel's almost too enthusiastic response. The random creativity kicked in and I suggested that we play a different version of scrabble that was less competitive so we could chat and catch up more [even though I just didn't want to get my butt handed to me by a group of "graduates".] The rules were simple: you had to create a word that wasn't a "real" word but real-word like and sell the definition to the other players. It was entertaining to say the least. The girls did a good job, but really, Brandon [Rachel's hubby] and I are guys and more experienced with pulling things out of our butt. We probably would have won if we would have made up some scoring scheme.

Here are the top five words we created. Please do what you can to graft them in to your everyday conversations.

deefor - the process of eradicating fart smells. Naomi deefors the bed sheets every other day.

slaist - slightly off; off center. Zack Rock is a little slaist today.

dreslix - the act of putting on your wife's pants by accident. Justin told me he pulled a dreslix the other night.

agoipe - pre-vomit; when you throw up slightly in your mouth and then swallow it. Rachel totally agoiped when she saw the dog licking mrs. smiths feet.

dinle - the jig bears do before hibernation; the last urination before bed time. Brandon forgot to dinle before he fell asleep... enough said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Justin! Your version of Scrabble sounds like fun. My mom was reading over my shoulder and said "Oh, that sounds exciting!"

Anonymous said...

Ok, so it published anonymously. The previous comment is from me...

Tanya

Anonymous said...

oh jay....this post reminds me of how much i love, miss, and admire you!!! hurrah! i want to play this version of scrabble!!!! : )
as for this mike fellow. he is just a random guy in lebanon who is opening a martini bar....and his uncle who thinks i would make him a good girlfriend. haha.....riiiiight.
as for the ride in the slammin new volvo....heck yes!!! : ) i can't wait to see you and your lovely wife!!!!!!!